LSRC Hurricanes Protocol Phase 2 COVID-19
COVID-19 Response Information
We will be updating the site here regarding the 2020 Summer Swim Season during the COVID-19 Pandemic. (Please know we are working hard to update this information as we get it from the Board and JRAC)
How to sign up for Lap Practice:
- Go to Upcoming Events (to the right) or to the schedule pull-down menu (at the top of the page) and select Events & Meets.
- Select the day you wish to swim
- Select Job Sign-Up
- Select the time you wish to swim (Yes it will be the parent's name, Web Admin will change it to the child name prior to the event)
- If you have any questions or problems with the sign-ups email LSRCHurricanes@gmail.com. Reference Lap Practice signups.
- Once signed up you will not be able to cancel your slot unless you notify us through email at LSRCHurricanes@gmail.com.
Phase 2 Info:
- Phase 2 allows for up to 3 swimmers per lane. Staggered start time/swimming from opposite ends is key. While the pool is still closed to full membership, Swim Team will be scheduling time slots for both pools with a goal of only 2 swimmers per lane.
- Time Slots: Sign ups are open for next week and look different from Phase 1.
- Practice is from 5-7:50pm and 1 slot per day is allowed.
- We have a group of time slots that are only 30 minutes long. Even with only 2 swimmers in the lane, 30 minutes may be more than enough time for many of our young swimmers. In past seasons, we could have up to 8 swimmers in a lane and natural breaks would occur.
- We have now added 50 minute time slots.
- At this time, only swimmers signed up for lap swimming are allowed into the facility. Once the pool facility is opened up to full membership, Swim Metro is responsible for monitoring/managing the cleaning/sanitizing of tables and chairs poolside according to the Phase 2 guidelines.
- The safety of our coaches and swimmers remains our top priority. To prevent the spread of Covid-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to each other, stay home if you are sick, have a fever or if you are expiring symptoms of COVID-19.
We will follow up with any changes once we have a set date for LSRC pool opening for full membership, JRAC updates on swim meets, and the start of morning practices the week of June 15th (beginning on June 17th).
Phase 1 Info
Virginia Phase 1: Guided lap swimming by reservation under supervision of 2 coaches
- Swim conditioning/exercise in 30 minute blocks
- Can start as early as May 26th if we have enough swimmers registered
- Only the 10 participants swimming in lap lanes are allowed into the facility as we are limiting space to one person per lap lane and staggering the start-end of your swim.
- At this time, we are recommending this phase for swimmers that are able to swim in lap lanes without assistance in the water. While the coaches will be poolside guiding each lap lane, they will not be able to enter water and touch your child. They are still able to enter the pool for a distressed swimmer and certified to do so.
- Once the scheduled time block is up, you will be asked to leave the pool area. No loitering or remaining on the pool deck so that our staff can disinfect and clean used areas before the next time block begins.