2 Registration Types
LSRC provides two different Registration types for our Swimmers. Member Swim Team Registration and Youth Athletic Membership (YAM).
All swimmers must be either a member of LSRC or have a YAM application approved by the Board. All Swim fees (pool and swim team) must be paid, in order to participate in practice and swim in a meet. Parents are encouraged to register their children and pay the required fees prior to the first day of practice.
Member Swim Team Registration
A registrant can be any child of an existing Club Member under the age of 18 as of June 1 of the current swim season. First-year swimmers, under the age of 6, must be evaluated by the coach to ensure they are "Swim Team Ready." Anyone who meets these criteria, who wishes to be on the team can due so by registering under "Member Swim Team" Registration.
Youth Athletic Membership (YAM)
This membership allows youth who are not LSRC members the ability to participate in Summer Swim. It also allows swimmers in other leagues an opportunity to swim with friends at LSRC in the James River Aquatic Club (JRAC) league.
The LSRC Swim Coach must approve my child(ren)’s swimming ability, and the LSRC Board of Directors must approve me as Guardian/Guarantor of my dependent children for membership as set forth by the LSRC By-Laws. If the LSRC Board of Directors does not accept my application, for any reason, all money collected for this membership will be refunded.
- For the purposes of this membership category, a Youth Athletic Member shall be defined as the youth male or female who is not over age 18 as of June 1st of the current year.
- Membership application will be accepted for Board approval upon testing of swimming ability.
- Youth Athletic members have access to the facility only during swim team practices, swim meets and any other Swim Team related activities.
- Youth Athletic Member must provide at least 1 volunteer at every swim meet the swimmer participates.
- A Youth Athletic Membership is only available to individuals who have not been members of Lakeside Swim & Racquet Club within the previous three seasons. If special circumstances exist, please contact the Board at golsrc.yahoo.com.
- Youth Athletic Members may enter the facility 15 minutes prior to any Swim Team related activity and must exit the facility no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of any Swim Team related activity. A Member must be able to provide sufficient information to validate the membership upon each visit.
- During the Swim Team season, Youth Athletic Members may enjoy the pool facilities at times not related to Swim Team activities provided they pay the “guest” fee.
- A Youth Athletic Membership is a non-voting membership with Lakeside Swim and Racquet Club; therefore, no Entrance Fee is required with this membership category. This membership category will pay annual dues as approved by the Board of Directors and as defined on this application. A Youth Athletic Membership is not renewable and participant must reapply each year.
- A Youth Athletic Membership may be upgraded to full membership during the same season upon payment of the entrance fee and remaining dues. The dues portion of the Youth Athletic Membership fee will be applied toward the upgrade.